Well, I've been rather delinquent in updating lately. I've had several lovely runs since my last post. All have been nice and I have done well. Last Sunday I went on the longest run yet....11 miles! Silly me, I thought my little gadget that keeps track of my distance was off by a mile, so I figured I'd better run an extra mile, just to be safe and make sure I got my 10 miles in. Well, it was dead on, so I guess I ran an extra mile just for kicks! Total time 1hour 46 minutes.
It was a wonderful run. The first 4 miles were a little shaky, as my hips were bothering me a little, and I was kind of tired from my work week. I promised myself I would walk after the first big hill, but after I got to the top of that hill, somehow I found the strength to keep on running, even up "Hell Hill", which I had never been able to do before. I honestly feel that God was with me that day, helping me along. The weather was beautiful, and after I was done, I felt like I could have run on and on.
I've been having a little trouble getting my two hobbies, riding and running, to get along well. Riding uses many different muscles muscles, but I have found the hard way that some of them do overlap. It's worth it though!
Tonight I ran just 4.5 miles out on North Palouse River Road. I was all prepared for bad weather since it was freaking pouring out. I even managed to get most of my hair up in a tiny little hippy pony tail, and put on an old Ducks Unlimited hat. Sexy. Instead of rain though, I got this:
This has been such a journey. After my 11 mile run, I feel so amazingly blessed to be able to move this broken body that far with such ease. I guess I'm not so broken after all.
"Those who wait upon the Lord shall gain new strength, soar on wings like eagles, RUN and never grow weary, walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:31
No comments:
Post a Comment