Friday, May 6, 2011

Eden Valley: The River Road


Eden Valley, a picturesque river valley set amongst the rolling Palouse hills. There are trees here, which is a bit of a novelty in the acres and acres of hilly fields. This is where I first ventured outside with my running, on what we all call "the River Road", although I'm pretty sure it has a real name. I could not have chosen a more beautiful place to begin. The hill I was standing on to take this picture was my arch nemesis only a couple of short months ago. Today I ran up it like it wasn't even there. Today, 4.5 miles seemed like an easy, enjoyable run, where in January I was huffing, and puffing, and cussing and tripping through 1.5 miles, and gasping for breath at the top of this beautiful hill. What a journey!

Today's distance: 4.5 miles

Time: 45 minutes

Fave songs: "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)" by The Proclaimers
"Baby Love Child" by Pizzicato Five

Silly thought of the day (so far anyway): "how could whatever dead thing I was smelling here by the river clear back in February still smell just as bad today? Sheesh!"

No comments:

Post a Comment