
Woah. Time flies when you're having fun, right? I can't believe I never updated here. So, I completed my first ever 1/2 marathon in Seattle in June 2011. I raised way more money for pancreatic cancer than I ever thought possible, and I totally kicked booty at the race! 2 hours 7 minutes. I thought that was pretty good, considering!
Well, the race was sooo much fun, that I did another one in Chelan just under three weeks later. Unfortunately I had strep throat, but it was still amazing! Time was 2 hours 12 minutes....I blame it on illness....and having to pee half way through. Heehee.
In August, I got invited to run the 185 mile Spokane to Sandpoint Relay with "the Paradise Hoes" a brewery team. That was an experience. Kind of like having a baby...it seemed like a pretty good idea until I got into the thick of it. It felt amazing when it was over, and I was glad I did it, but looking at it now, I'm not sure I'd do it again.
In October, I took a couple of friends with me to Leavenworth for the Oktoberfest Half Marathon. It was my favorite race yet! I was not expecting to have a very good time since much of the race was narrow sketchy trail, but we still did pretty great. I ran with a friend, and was so excited and proud to see her get through that finish line.
Nursing a hip injury, I took time off in November and December, and now I'm right back at it again, preparing for a half in March. Biggest news? As long as this body holds together, I'm aiming for a marathon in October. Yeah!!!
Other big news? I have a new running buddy. Meet Designated Decoy, my wolf protection. Wil thought I should run with a gun, but I'd probably just end up shooting my foot off. Much better running with a Doberman.
No comments:
Post a Comment